Search our job board for positions in accounting, finance, administrative, human resources, and information technology. Find a position that interests you and apply!
You can filter your search based on keywords, Magellan division, job title, and location. You can also create alerts to have new postings sent directly to you.
Fixed Asset Accountant
Montgomery County, PA | Direct Hire
Magellan' s client, an impressive services firm, is searching for a Fixed Asset Accountant to join its impressive team! This person will have high visibility within the organization and will be a critical asset to the organization.
What you' ll do:
- Maintain all aspects of Fixed Asset Accounting and Reporting in compliance with established practices and generally accepted accounting principles as follows:
- Review fixed assets purchase requests (initial asset creation review)
- Review and place assets under construction (CIP/AUC assets review)
- Record and review fixed assets disposition in the system
- Assign and issue fixed asset tags
- Reconcile fixed asset sub-ledger vs. general ledger and assist with fixed assets roll-forward
- Perform various fixed assets analyses (depreciation reasonableness, mid-month review, fluctuation analysis)
- Provide accounting support and guidance for physical inventory count
- Provide audit (internal/external) support (i.e. pull relevant fixed assets support and address various inquiries)
- Assist in various clean-up efforts
- Prepare various financial reporting schedules impacting fixed assets
- Interact with cross-functional business partners and field accounting teams on fixed asset accounting and reporting matters
- Identify areas of process improvement and assist with implementation of process changes as needed
- Assist with special projects as needed
Essentials to be successful:
- High Volume of Fixed Asset Activity (Acquisitions & Disposals)
- Strong GL experience